The aim of eDrone project is to define a learning environment to deliver more opportunities to access new competences related to the use of drone technologies in professional activities. These new competences refer in particular to the use of advanced ICT solutions for the use of drones and of the data acquired through drones that may go a long way towards the goals and priorities in terms of optimization of the professional competences, that have already been stated in the Social-economic Development Strategy 2020 of all the Parter Countries, and in terms of creating new job opportunities, especially for youth that is strongly encouraged by Europe 2020 strategy as stated in the European Commission Communication “Yoth on the Move”. The use of drones by professionals will open new scenarios requiring practical and theoretical knowledge that are beyond the simple driving and mantainance of drones:
- drone mechanical characteristics,
- sensing equipment,
- processing and use of the acquired information,
- national and local laws regulating drone use.
The main objective of the eDrone project is to provide higher education institutions in the Partner Countries with effective and efficient instruments to setup Offices for Education for Drones (OED), for the transferring of all the above mentioned knowledges to professionals of each Partner Country during Vocational and Educational Training (VET) course.
From the point of view of the didactical contents the proposal will define 3 learning modules in each involved Country: 2 learning module will be the same in each Country and are related to Technical contents and the regulatory contents, instead the third learning module could be different because it will focus on specific market needs of each Country. More in details the technical contents will deal with the study of:
- Drone architecture;
- piloting techniques;
- drones equipment for measurement and monitoring activities;
- processing of measurement data;
- drones maintenance.
The didactic contents of the laws for regulating the use of drones will be defined in the field of:
- Laws for the privacy;
- risk analysis and prevention;
- limits in using on flight of the drones;
- rules for the documentation for fly permits;
- flight certification and approval.
The third learning module instead, takes into account that this proposal involves different Partner Countries with different specific market needs, and so it will include different learning contents for each involved country in order to refine and improve the competences and skills of the drone professionals in relation to the local specific needs and labor opportunities.
The target group of the proposed schools and training centers is represented mainly by all the professionals working in the drone application fields and who can benefit from the innovative civilian applications.
From didactical point of view these schools, in order to easy the training activities of the professional in the Partner Country, will be supported by distance learning technologies. In fact, the main objectives of this proposal are to provide in the Partner Country specific VET programs and more qualification in the sector of drones used for the above civil application in order to:
- produce a systemic impact on training provision in order to foster its relevance for the above described activities;
- overcome the skills mismatches and shortages in the defined sectors.
Moreover, the project aims at realizing an innovative ICT-based infrastructure employing enhanced technologies and methodologies allowing all the Partner Countries to create a network for sharing educational contents and databases to professionals. Such infrastructure will be used to support OED in the technological and scientific transfer to professionals. The Programme Countries will transfer their know-how and expertise for the achievement of the eDrone objectives by training the future teachers of the OED and by supporting them in the first edition of the OED. The eDrone project partners are interested in the development of:
- Course Programme for teachers (CTT) which will train professors coming from HEI of the Partner Country on the use and development technologies hardware and software for civil application of drones in different applications field;
- OED in each Partner Country that is involved in this project proposal;
- The setup of strong relations with the industry/private sector by means of an ICT platform.